Vote16 2016 Info Packet Contents:
- Why Lower San Francisco’s Voting Age: 2016 Powerpoint (PDF)
- The Atlantic’s 2015 coverage of Vote16SF youth leaders (PDF)
- Generation Citizen’s 2016 White Paper “Youth Voices at the Ballot Box” (PDF)
- SF Youth Commission 2015 Policy Priority Excerpt: Lowering the Voting Age (PDF)
- SF Youth Commission 2015 Resolution on Lowering the Voting Age (PDF)
- SF Board of Supervisors legislation on lowering the voting age (PDF)
Vote16SF Frequently Asked Questions are available here (PDF).
View SF Youth Commission’s presentations to the SF BOS from June 8, 2015 (PDF) and May 20, 2015 (PDF).
San Francisco Legislation on 16 and 17 year old voting
- Board of Supervisors File No. 150267 – Charter Amendment – Sixteen and Seventeen-Year-Old Voting for Municipal Elections, Introduced March 17, 2015
- Youth Commission Resolution No. 1215-AL-04 – Urging to Lower San Francisco’s Legal Voting Age to 16 years of age, Passed on January 6, 2015
- Board of Supervisor File No. 051215—Urging State Legislators to Permit Persons 16 Years of Age or Older to Vote in City and County Elections, Passed on July 21, 2005
Research on 16 and 17 year old voting
- Generation Citizen’s 2016 White Paper “Young Voices at the Ballot Box”
- Voting at 16: Turnout and the Quality of Vote Choice.” Electoral Studies 31, no. 2 (2012).
- “Will 16 and 17 year olds make a difference in the referendum?” Edinburgh: Scot Cen for Social Research (2014).
- The Electoral Commission Lothian Chambers, 59–63 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1RN. (2014). The 2014 Scottish Independence Voting Guide
- J.B. Wogan, “Takoma Park Sees High Turnout Among Teens After Election Reform,” Governing, November 7, 2013.
- United Teen Equity Equality Center (Lowell, Massachusetts), “Vote 17.”
- Bhatti, Yosef, and Kasper Hansen. “Leaving the Nest and the Social Act of Voting: Turnout among First-Time Voters.” Journal of Elections, Public Opinion and Parties 22, no. 4 (2012).
- Elias, Dinas. “The Formation of Voting Habits.” Journal of Elections, Public Opinion and Parties.
- The United Nations, “2014 Theme: Engaging Young People on Democracy,” September 15, 2014.
- The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science January 2011 vol. 633 no. 1 201-222
- Lindsay A. Powers, “Takoma Part grants 16-year-olds right to vote,” The Washington Post, May 14, 2013.
- Russell Goldman, “Mass. Teens Inch Closer to Lowering Voting Age to 17,” ABC News, April 19, 2012.
- Lowering the Voting Age, Fairvote: The Center for Voting and Democracy.
Links to Organizations Supporting Youth Civic Engagement and Young Voters