- Robust voter participation is fundamental to a healthy democracy.
- 16 year old voting builds lifelong voters.
- 16 year old voting will increase voter turnout over the long term.
- Age 16 is a better age to begin voting than age 18.
- 16 year old voting is not new.
- In San Francisco, one in three SFUSD students have an immigrant parent, who may themselves not have the right to vote.
- 16 and 17 year olds are prepared to and deserve to vote.
For more information, check out additional rationale and the research and resources page.